2.1 BILLION RUBLES
MOSCOW, CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE DISTRICT
EMBANKMENTS IN THE CENTER OF MOSCOW ARE ACKNOWLEDGED CITY LANDMARKS
AREA OF GRASS LAWN
After the redevelopment these three embankments became a part of a single walking area along the Moscow river, from the New Arbat to the Novo-devichi convent. over 50,000 m2 of pedestrian footpaths are paved with large granite paving stones. Sidewalks are 2.5-7.5 m wider than before. Over 300 new main illumination poles and over 100 additional standing lamp poles with energy-saving lamps were installed along the sidewalks. Pedestrian footpaths are separated from the carriage way by grass lawns, trees and bushes. Near the river there are observation decks, benches, litter-baskets and points of information. Housefronts on the embankments were also renovated.
Rostovskaya embankment received its name in the 19th century from Rostovskaya sloboda that had been founded in the 15th-16th centuries near the habitation of bishops of Rostov.
Savvinskaya embankment got its name after the sloboda that had been situated here. It was connected with small Savvinskiy monastery that had been a family pilgrimage of the boyars Dobrynskiys in the 15th century. The first time this cloister was mentioned in 1454 in the will of Pyotr Dobrynskiy when it was transferred to metropolitans.
Smolenskaya embankment is situated on the left bank of the Moscow river from the Borodinskiy bridge to Bol’shoy Novinskiy lane. The length of the embankment is 1,089 m, the average width is 42.7 m.