IL’INSKIY PUBLIC GARDEN
175 MILLION RUBLES
MOSCOW, CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE DISTRICT
THE GARDEN ART
This public garden was founded in 1882. In 1992 in the southern part of the public garden a monument dedicated to slavic enlighteners Kirill and Mefodiy was built. The Il’inskiy public garden is a masterpiece of the garden art.
Around the Il’inskiy public garden there is a three-story “Green screen” made of bushes. It protects the citizens from street noises and dust. The Il’inskiy public garden became a part of the single 2.6 km walking route from Lubyanskaya square to the Zaryadye park.
PARKINGS FOR BICYCLES
On the 2.5 ha territory of the public garden the old paving was dismantled, the old underground utility system was fixed, 1.7 km of duct bank was built where the overhead wires were hidden. The paths of the public garden were paved with granite paving stones of different colors and sizes.
The whole territory of the green theater is covered with soft polymer material – elastopave. This is an eco-friendly cover that is resistant to wearing-off, made of pervious material that water can seep through freely without erosion in one place. Besides, elastopave cannot freeze in winter so there is no need to use chemicals.
An amphitheater and the Green theater are built on the territory of the public garden. These are open-air areas for lectures and concerts. The amphitheater is situated near the monument dedicated to the heroes who had fallen near Plevna. The Green theater is close to the monument of Kirill and Mefodiy. Also, there are steps with wooden flooring that shape a big semicircle. The steps are illuminated in the evening.